Reflecting years of research and observation of North American birds, the STOKES FIELD GUIDE includes more species, photos and useful identification information for birdwatchers than any other guide.
The guide features 853 North American bird species and more than 3,400 stunning color photographs. And yet it’s portable enough to fit in your pocket!
The photographs cover all significant plumages, including male, female, summer, winter, immature, morphs, important subspecies, and birds in flight. Also included:
- The newest scientific and common names and phylogenetic order
- Special help for identifying birds in flight through important clues of behavior, plumage, and shape
- Detailed descriptions of songs and calls
- Important behavioral information
- Key habitat preferences of each species
- The newest range maps, detailing species’ winter, summer, year-round ranges, and migration routes
- A special downloadable CD with more than 600 bird sounds (from Lang Elliott and Kevin Colver) and 150 photographs of common North American species.